Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"It's gonna be tight, y'all!"

Several of the broadcast networks announced their fall-season lineups this week. Surprising no one and nauseating all, NBC confirmed that Jimmy Fallon will succeed Conan O'Brien as host of the "Late Show" in mid-2009. After throwing up in my mouth a little upon reading this news, I took solace in the fact that Fox is rolling out a new comedy that revolves around this man:


That's right, kids. Cleveland Brown, the (exceedingly gentle) voice of reason in Quahog, will have his very own show on Fox this fall. I don't use the word "hero" lightly, but I've long considered Cleveland the greatest hero in American history. So, this spinoff comes as welcome news.

1 comment:

MJB said...

It will be great watching Fallon break character and laugh for 60 minutes straight. I’m a little embarrassed that it took me this long to find out about Cleveland’s show. I second the motion that Cleveland is the greatest hero in American History.