Friday, May 16, 2008

Cooleyhighdorkified

At some point during my impressionable youth, my sister convinced me that it did not make fiscal sense to purchase "single" cassette tapes. In other words, why pay $5 for a gem like "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" when you can own a masterpiece like the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves soundtrack for a mere $15? And that, my friends, is how I wound up purchasing the following album:


Good thing I never owned the Boomerang or Bodyguard soundtracks. Because that would be really embarrassing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The greater tragedy is that your brain is still storing those deep & heartfelt lyrics and could regurgitate them at a moments notice...

beware, daniel :)

What is wrong with the boomerang CD?

Jay Nicolosi said...

Fifteen years from now, we will inevitably look back on this period in time and laugh at some (or, many) aspect(s) of our lives. The only question is "what?"

My first "cassingle" was Enuff Z'nuff ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enuff_Z'nuff).

My first casette: Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_on_the_Ceiling).

Insert roast here -----> _________!

MJB said...

Wow! Thanks for opening old wounds. That was my class song. The 1992 Grand Blanc Bobcat class song, not the staple REM "end of the world" and god forbid something cutting edge like "smells like teen spirit" from the then emerging grunge movement. Turns out it is extremely easy to say goodbye to yesterday but hard to say goodbye to this song, it took me 4 long years to get this damn song out of my head....thanks for putting it back in there...where it will be playing on continuous loop until 2012. Also, since you’re addressing music formats of years past I’d like to hear you chime in on mini CD’s.

Sarah said...

Ok, but did you go to their concert at Rosemont Horizon AND buy a t-shirt?

Not that I did that or anything. I was just checking.